Offers for schools
„I think you need a lot of courage to come back and talk about the past“ (A student after meeting a time witness)
“Projekt Jüdisches Leben in Frankfurt am Main. Spurensuche – Begegnung – Erinnerung e.V.“ is active in various fields.
- Above all, we bring together time witnesses and students from Frankfurt schools. Of course, the visitors program for former Frankfurt Citizens and their descendants is the most important aspect of our efforts.
- We offer training courses and advise schools how to prepare meetings with time witnesses in classes and how to present the history of the Nazi-period
- We prepare teaching material for history lessons on the Holocaust including didactical recommendations and handouts
- We keep an archive of all the interviews and recordings as well as further activities and publish the results (e.g. “Unsere Wurzeln sind hier in Frankfurt”)
Visiting Program 2017
In May a group of former citizens of Frankfurt and their descendants were invited to the city of Frankfurt, the former home of their parents or grandparents. The invitation of the city gave them the opportunity to see the sites of the grandparents`childhood and youth, visit their houses, the area they lived in, the graves of relatives and former schools.
The Projekt Jüdisches Leben in Frankfurt was presented with the Obermayer Award on January 23, 2017 at the Abgeordnetenhaus of Berlin, the home of the Berlin Parliament.
For further information see here
See new biographies!
- Recha and Leo Koref
- Shimon and Malka Bukspan with Aaron, Regina, Berti und Sonia
- Moshe, Toni, Ruth and Edith Bukspan
- Lee Edwards, née Carlebach
- The Mayers and the Marxes
In the encounters and interviews with former citizens of Frankfurt very often the request was made to establish a memorial for the Kindertransport-Kinder and their families. The “Projekt Jüdisches Leben in Frankfurt” supports this urgent request. Further Information
On the History of the Project
Jewish Life in Frankfurt see the new article at About us